Baadshah of Bollywood Shahrukh Khan is an Indian film actor, television personality, producer, presenter, and television host who was born on 2 November 1965 in New Delhi, India. He has appeared in more than 80 Bollywood movies. The media called him” King Khan” or ” King of Bollywood”. We will share lesser known facts about Shahrukh Khan. He is one of the world’s biggest movie stars and the richest actor in the world with an estimated net worth of US$400-600 million. He won 14 Filmfare Awards and many other accolades. He is the son of Meer Taj Mohammad Khan, an ethnic Pathan, was an Indian Independence activist from Peshawar, British India (present day-Pakistan). Khan’s mother, Lateef Fatima, was the daughter of a senior government engineer.
Khan is the co-owner of the Indian Premier League cricket team Kolkata Knight Riders and is co-chairman of the motion picture production company Red Chillies Entertainment. Sometimes the media often label him as “ Brand SRK” because of his many entrepreneurship ventures and endorsements. Khan has given many super-duper hit movies at the box office in his career such as Baazigar, Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, Chak De! India, Chennai Express, Don 2, My Name is Khan, Devdas, Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham…, Darr, Dil To Pagal Hai and soon. His latest upcoming movie is Raees, which is scheduled for release on Eid 2016. (last updated on 17 October 2015). Let’s see interesting and lesser known facts about Shahrukh Khan.
Remember guys: If you want to know more about SRK life, education, acting career, movies including flop and blockbuster, Biography, personal details, body statistics, quotes, diet, favorite book, movie, perfume, drink, and many more, then you have to visit – Shahrukh Khan Biography. Let’s see interesting and lesser known facts about Shahrukh Khan.
Here Movienasha organized an article about ” 40 Interesting and Lesser Known facts about Shahrukh Khan”. Please leave comments or feedback if you think differently and have something in mind which you want me to notice. Your comments and feedback are most welcome!
Some Interesting and Lesser Known facts about Shahrukh Khan:
- Does Shahrukh Khan Drink: Yes
- Does Shahrukh Khan Smoke: Yes
- He has a fear of riding horses.
- He is a very hardworking guy.
- His mother used to say that he looked like Dilip Kumar.
- His acting career was launched by friend Vivek Vaswani and Hema Malini.
- He received his first Filmfare award for the film “Deewana”.
- Shahrukh is second only to Rajesh Khanna when it comes to back-to-back hits.
- He is natural, mischievous, boyish, handsome, and acting straight from the heart. His initial salary was Rs 50 which he earned by working as a guide at a Pankaj Udhas concert in Delhi. He used the cash to take the train to Agra and see the Taj Mahal.
- He first did playback for the song “Main Toh Hoon Pagal” from “Baadshah”.
- The statue of Shahrukh has been made and kept up in London’s Madame Tussaud’s Museum.
- He is crazy about cars, games, video games, and hi-tech gadgets.
- His dog’s names are Dash, Hulk, Kai, and Juicy,
- SRK has hosted the third season of the popular game show KBC (Kaun Banega Crorepati).
- He has played cricket at Zone and National level and has captained all teams in cricket, hockey, and football.
- Shahrukh Khan launched Deepika Padukone’s career in Bollywood through the 2007 movie “Om Shanti Om”.
- He purchased a villa on a man-made island off the coast of Dubai in the United Arab Emirates.
- Being a Muslim man married to a Hindu woman, he and his wife combine both religious backgrounds into their children’s education.
- SRK had promised himself that he would never kiss the lips of any of his female co-stars, but he broke his promise when he kissed Katrina Kaif on her lips in Jab Tak Hai Jaan’s 2012 movie.
- His parents died before he entered the movies. Shahrukh considers it a big regret that they couldn’t see what their son was to become.
- At school, he was an ace in Hindi, Electronics, and Biology but wasn’t good at all in Mathematics.
- He launched his perfume “SK” with the French perfumers and Jeanne Arthes.
- During his struggling days, SRK used to run a restaurant in Darya Ganj in Delhi.
- SRK is co-owner of the Indian Premier League cricket team Kolkata Knight Riders and a co-chairman of the motion picture production company Red Chillies Entertainment and its subsidiaries.
- He was the one who recommended Rani Mukerji to Karan Johar for Kuch Kuch Hota Hai and has maintained a close friendship with the actress since.
- In Maya Memsaab in 1993, Shahrukh did a nude sex scene with his female co-star Deepa Sahi.
- The most famous dialogues are: “Hum Ek Baar Jite Hain”, Ek Baar Marte Hain, Shaadi Bhi Ek Baar Hoti Hai, Aur Pyaar….Ek hi Baar Hota hai”, “Hi. I’m Raj. Naam Toh Suna Hi Hoga?”,“Kabhi kabhi kuch jeetne ke liye kuch harna padta hai, aur haar kar bhi jeetne waale ko baazigar kehte hai.”
- He is a chain cigarette smoker. Smokes at least 2 packs a day. ( Shahrukh Khan, Please Don’t Smoke, quit now)
- He wears his wedding ring on his right hand.
- He suffered a major injury to his right shoulder in 2008. He ignored the pain, but as it worsened in 2010, he had to undergo very little harmful surgery.
- He is a huge fan of Manchester United Football Club.
- He was recently patched up with his long-time arch-rival. Megastar Salman Khan at an Iftar Party in July 2013.
- He manages with only 4 to 5 hours of sleep, during his busy schedule.
- He loves watching movies alone in the darkness of his BMW car.
- His philosophy with people is: It’s OK if people let you down, their loss not yours.
- The total business generated by his movies in India is Rs 1642.52 Crores, just behind Salman Khan and Akshay Kumar.
- Khan doesn’t Keep a beard as he and his kids find it scratchy.
- Khan and his son Aryan are major WWE wrestling fans.
- His personal bodyguard’s name is Yasmin Khan. When his bodyguard got married, Shahrukh gifted him a flat that is located beside his residence Mannat.
- One of Shahrukh’s bodyguards was shot dead by another in 2006.
- He avoids dishes that are prepared with butter.
- He can run incessantly up to 15 km.
- SRK received an honorary doctorate from Princess Anne at Edinburgh University. In his speech, Shahrukh said: “Remember, however many times you go wrong, however many times you fall… in the words of Bob Marley, ‘Everything’s gonna be alright.
These are some interesting and lesser known facts about Shahrukh Khan.
You may also like: