Mini Intro: Vicky Kaushal is an Indian film actor who was born on 16 May 1988 in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. He is basically famous for his work in Hindi movies. He was born in a chawl in suburban Mumbai to Sham Kaushal (father), a stuntman and action direction in Hindi movies. Scroll down to check the fascinating facts about Vicky Kaushal.
Here are 75 Interesting and Lesser Known facts about Vicky Kaushal which I bet you don’t know. Let’s get into the stuff and read each and every line of text with interest if you are a big fan of Vicky Kaushal. The facts are arranged in any order and please leave a comment if you think differently and have something in mind which you want me to notice. Your comments are most welcome. Please do not forget to like our official Facebook page.
Interesting and Lesser Known Facts About Vicky Kaushal
- Does Vicky Kaushal smoke?: No
- Does Vicky Kaushal drink alcohol?: Yes
- Vicky was born into a middle-class Punjabi family with roots in Hoshiarpur, Punjab.
- The actor is true Punjabi and loves parathas and traditionally made butter for morning breakfast.
- His younger brother, Sunny, is also an actor.
- His brother Sunny Kaushal has worked as an assistant director in movies like ‘My Friend Pinto’ and ‘Gunday.’
- A genre of movie that Vicky wants to do is “sports drama” and he never wants to do a “Sex comedy”.
- During his teenage years, he used to be an introvert, shy and skinny guy.
- Since his childhood, he has been a die-hard fan of Hrithik Roshan.
- His father came to Mumbai in 1978, and after years of struggle and hard work, he became a famous action director in Bollywood as well as Hollywood.
- During his 2nd year of college, he went to a company for an industrial visit, where he realized that he won’t be able to do a 9 to 5 job. Then what, despite getting selected for a job, he refused the offer to pursue his passion for acting.
- Aspiring to a career in the movie, Vicky assisted Anurag Kashyap in the crime drama Gangs of Wasseypur (2012) and went on to play minor roles in two of Kashyap’s productions.
- In 2013, he did the short movie ‘Geek Out,’ which provided him his first movie, ‘Zubaan’ (2016).- Check out his short movie- Geek.
- He rose to fame with his outstanding performance in the movie ‘Masaan’ and gained recognition in India as well as abroad.
- He initially assisted Anurag Kashyap in ‘Gangs of Wasseypur’ (2010), where he met ‘Masaan’ (2015) director Neeraj Ghaywan, who advised him to do theatre. Soon after, he got involved with theatre and worked as a theatre artist and did plays with theatre groups like Naseeruddin Shah‘s ‘Motley’ and Manav Kaul‘s ‘Aranya.’
- Later, he learned acting skills from the famous ‘Kishore Namit Kapoor Acting Institute’ in Mumbai.- Check out the video of: Vicky Kaushal at Institute.
- Apart from acting the actor is also a trained dancer.
- Though his movie ‘Zubaan’ was made first, ‘Masaan’ was released first.
- One of the interesting facts about Vicky Kaushal is that: Masaan was first offered to Rajkummar Rao, but due to his date issues, the role went to Vicky.
- Born to the action director Sham Kaushal, he pursued an engineering degree from the Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology.
- He pursued an engineering degree in electronics and telecommunications from Mumbai’s Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology.
- Kaushal has considers Anurag Kashyap as his mentor.
- Kaushal’s most commercially successful release of 2018 came with Rajkumar Hirani’s Sanju. Kaushal played Sanjay Dutt’s best friend Kamli in the movie.
- His father was the action director in his first shooted movie ‘Zubaan.
- Kaushal has described himself as a “regular kid who was interested in studying, playing cricket and watching movies”.
- He went to Varanasi a month before the shoot to prepare for his character of “Deepak Kumar” in ‘Masaan,’ lost 8 kg of weight, and spent time at the Manikarnika Ghat to catch the local accent and the way of living over there.
- As of September 2018, Kaushal has filmed in Siberia for Uri, an action thriller based on the 2016 Uri attack, co-starring Yami Gautam. He injured his arm while filming an action sequence in it.
- Vicky was born and raised in chawls (10*10) of Malad in Mumbai when his father used to be a stuntman.
- One of the interesting facts about Vicky Kaushal is that: his first leading role was in the independent drama Masaan (2015), which earned him the IIFA and Screen Awards for Best Male Debut.
- He is not only starred in Hindi movies but also starred in the Netflix movies “Love Per Square Feet” and “Lust Stories”.
- He had the acting skills from his childhood and he used to participate in dramas, skits, and annual day functions in his school.
- Did you know that Vicky almost didn’t get the role of Raghav in Anurag Kashyap’s ‘Raman Raghav 2.0’ as the filmmaker could never see him essay a negative character? But Vicky convinced Anurag to allow him to at least give an audition and the rest, as they say, is history!
- His hobbies include Dancing, Travelling, Reading, and Gymming.
- He is a big foodie who loves to eat Pani Puri, Jalebi-Rabri, Aloo Paratha, and Chinese dishes.
Facts About Vicky Kaushal: Favorite Stuff:
Favorite Food: Chinese cuisine, Aloo paratha, Pani puri, Chicken and fish tikka, Jalebi with rabri
Favorite Beverage: Beer, Cold coffee
Favorite Actor: Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Hrithik Roshan
Favorite Actress: Jennifer Aniston
Favorite Movie: Hollywood: 12 Angry Man || Bollywood: Gangs of Wasseypur, Black Friday, Sadma, Jo Jeeta Wahi Sikander, Kaho Na Pyaar Hai
Favorite Director: Karan Johar, Anurag Kashyap
Favorite Song: “Strangers in the Night” by Frank Sinatra
Favorite TV Show: Prison Break, Game of Thrones
Favorite Book: The Secret by Rhonda Byrne
Favorite Restaurant: Mainland China in Mumbai, Indigo
Favorite Destination: Burano Island in Italy
Vicky Kaushal Lifestyle, Income, Cars, Biography, Family and Net Worth:
Real Name: Vicky Kaushal
Nick Name: Vicky
Date of Birth: 16 May 1988
Age: 30 Years (As of 2018)
Birth Place: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
School: Sheth Chunilal Damodardas Barfivala High School, Mumbai
College: Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology, Mumbai
Qualification: Bachelor’s degree in Electronics and Telecommunications
Height: in centimeters- 183 cm || in meters- 1.83m || in Feet-Inches – 6′
Weight: in Kilograms- 80 Kg || in pounds-176 lbs
Body Measurements: Chest- 40 Inches || Waist- 34 Inches || Biceps- 14 Inches
Hometown: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Home Address: Kaushal’s, an apartment at 28th floor in Andheri West, Mumbai
Eye Color: Dark Brown
Hair Color: Black
Zodiac Sign/ Sun Sign: Taurus
Hobbies: Travelling, Reading, Gymming, Dancing
Debut movie: Luv Shuv Te Chicken Khurana (2012)
Lead role: Masaan (2015)
Food Habit: Non- Vegetarian
Marital Status: Unmarried
Affairs/Girlfriends: Harleen Sethi (Anchor, Actress)
Vicky Kaushal’s Family:
Father: Sham Kaushal (Action Director)
Mother: Veena Kaushal (Homemaker)
Brother: Sunny Kaushal (Younger, Actor)
Cars Owned By Vicky Kaushal:
- Mercedes Benz GLC SUV
Net Worth & Salary of Vicky Kaushal:
He is presently charging Rs. 3 crore for each movie.
His Net Worth is more than $1 Million (Approx: 7.3 crores in Indian Rupee)(As USD Rate is 73.77)
Thanks a lot for checking out the lesser known facts about Vicky Kaushal.
Please do let us know in the comments if we’ve missed anything related to Vicky sir or you have something more to share, then Your remarks are always welcome!!
Don’t forget to share with your friends.
We will keep posting these type of article for you only!!
Recommended for you: