Mini Intro: Nandamuri Taraka Rama Rao Jr. aka Jr. NTR is an Indian film actor, singer, television presenter and Kuchipudi dancer who was born on 20 May 1983 in Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India. He is basically famous for his work in Telugu cinema. He is the grandson of Telugu actor and former Chief Minister (CM) of Andhra Pradesh, N. T. Rama Rao, who was commonly referred to as N.T.R. To know more about him, please scroll down to check the fascinating facts about Jr. NTR.
Here are 64 Interesting and Lesser Known facts about Jr. NTR which I bet you don’t know. Let’s get into the stuff and read each and every line of text with interest if you are a big fan of Jr. NTR. The facts are arranged in any order and please leave a comment if you think differently and have something in mind which you want me to notice. Your comments are most welcome. Please do not forget to like our official Facebook page.
Interesting and Mind Blowing Facts About Jr. NTR
- Jr. NTR recognizes from one of the Greatest clans of Andhra Pradesh – the Nandamuri Family.
- He was born on 20 May 1983 in Hyderabad to Nandamuri Harikrishna and Shalini Bhaskar Rao.
- He first appeared on screen as a child artist at the age of 10 in the movie Brahmashri Vishwamitra (1991) which was directed by his grandfather N. T. Rama Rao. His original name was Tarak. It was after this film that people started knowing him as Jr. NTR.
- Jr. NTR aka Tarak is the only hero to blast industry hit at the age of 18.
- His actual name was “TARAK”. He got the name as Nandamuri Taraka Rama Rao while he was acting in the movie “Brahmarshi Vishwamitra” directed by Sr. NTR As his memory serves, this is the first time NTR Jr. met Rama Rao in his life. Since then, Tarak decided to keep the changed name as he felt he honored his grandfather by that gesture.
- He is the grandson of legendary actor and former Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh, N.T. Rama Rao.
- Some actors are good at dancing, some at dialogue delivery and some at singing but when it comes to Jr. NTR, he is an all-rounder.
- NTR loves the song ‘Ralipoye Puvva Neeku Raagalenduke’. Keeravani has dedicated it to Jr upon knowing about it.
- He has created a brand for himself as ‘Young Tiger’ of Tollywood. After the demise of the iconic actor Sr. NTR, Young Tiger continued the legacy of his name with his extraordinary performances.
- Charles Angeles’ is one Hollywood movie he watched for the most number of times.
- He is a trained Kuchipudi dancer and is regarded as one of best dancers in Telugu film industry. He has performed at many events in Andhra Pradesh.
- Tarak entered 50 cr club with his 25th movie Nannaku Prematho.
- Jr. NTR entered 100 cr club with his movie 26th movie Janta Garage.
- One of the lesser-known facts about Jr. NTR is that his first Remuneration as Hero for ‘Ninnu Chudalani’ is Rs 3.5 lakh. He handed the full amount to his mother Shalini and kept nothing for himself.
- Jr.NTR did his schooling at Vidyaranya High School, near Green Gates, Saifabad in Khairatabad of Hyderabad.
- The Baahubali franchise director, S. S. Rajamouli’s first two movies had Jr. NTR in lead role. Both Student No.1 (2001) and Simhadri (2003) were blockbusters that helped him cement his position in the industry. The director-actor duo made a hattrick of blockbusters with Yamadonga (2007).
- Jaggi Vasudev is NTR’s Guru. He is addressed as Sadguru. Sadguru is the founder of ‘Isha Foundation’ which encourages the practice of Yoga and attain peace of mind through it. This explains NTR Jr.’s interest in Yoga, which greatly helps him in classical dance forms.
- He lost more than 20kgs weight for the movie “Yamadonga”.
- At the age of 10, Jr.NTR won Yuvakalavahini award, Bharathamuni arts academy award and AP cinegoer’s association awards. He played Lord Rama in Balaramayanam. The movie was directed by Gunasekhar.
- He is the brand ambassador for Malabar Gold, Boro Plus Powder, Himani Navratna Hair Oil and Zandu Balm Telangana and Andhra Pradesh.
- Interestingly, the song ‘Sairo Sairo’ from Baadshah is world famous in Hong Kong. It is performed at many festivals, events and also many dance videos have made using the song.
- He made several donations to CM’s Relief Fund during natural calamities in the state.
- The audio launch of his film Andhrawala (2004) was the first ever massive audio launch happened in the presence of 10 lakh people which was held in his hometown- Nimmakuru in 2003. Going by the reports, Indian railways ran 10 special trains for the event, a record that has not been broken to date. Even buses were booked for this event. No film has broken this record, not even Baahubali. However, the movie was a disaster at the box office.
- Simhadri movie still holds records of 175 days in 55 centers.
- He is the half-brother of Nandamuri Kalyan Ram, cousin of Taraka Ratna and Nara Lokesh, and nephew of Nandamuri Balakrishna and Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu.
- He married Lakshmi Pranathi on 5 May 2011. She is the daughter of Narne Srinivasa Rao, the owner of ‘Studio N’ News Channel, who was a relative of Chandrababu Naidu. The couple has a son named Abhay Ram who was born in 2014.
- His favorite hero is Sr. NTR and a favorite heroine is Sridevi.
- His favorite song is “Raalipoye Puvva” from 1993’s ‘Mathrudevobhava’ movie.
- He loves cooking and he happens to be a good cook too! He can beat out any sort of dish across various cuisines. He could cook anything…from biryanis to pizzas. Whenever he is stressed from work he takes a break to cook a meal for his wife or himself. His forever favorite remains his mother’s prawn Biryani.
- He is the only Telugu actor who has a loyal and large fan base in Japan. His film Baadshah (2013) was dubbed in Japanese and was nominated for a film festival in Japan. His fans in Japan especially love his dance moves. Also, a documentary on the actor was made by a Japanese TV channel and aired regularly! It is said that the only Indian actor who is more famous than him in Japan is Superstar Rajinikanth.
- ‘Dana Veera Sura Karna’ is NTR’s All-Time favourite movie.
- In an interview, Rana Daggubati was asked if somebody were to have played Bhallaladeva role from Baahubali, instead of him, who should it have been? He promptly said, Jr. NTR! ” firstly because it’s a period film. Secondly, because he’s a far greater actor than all of us.” He called him one of the best actors of this generation, also called him a powerhouse of talent!
- He was listed 66th in Forbes India Top 100 Celebrities for 2012 with an annual income of Rs. 19 Crores.
- NTR has a strange connection with the date March 29th. While he met with an accident while returning from the election campaign in 2009, Even it happens to be the birthday of his wife Lakshmi Pranathi.
- He featured twice in Forbes India Celebrity list for the year 2012 and 2016.
- He is simply a lover of shopping. He and his wife visit different international locations, like London, Dubai and many other spots primarily for shopping. Dubai is also his favorite holiday destination. He loves collecting different varieties of Watches and has got a great collection of watches in his wardrobe.
- Jr.NTR Loves White Color and his favorite sports are Badminton and Cricket.
- He became second Indian star, after Rajinikanth, to get a movie dubbed into the Japanese language. His movie ‘Baadshah’ is the first Telugu movie released in Japan.
- His last two releases Nannaku Prematho and Janatha Garage were massive hits and features among the all-time list of Telugu blockbusters. His upcoming film Jai Lava Kusa can be easily targeted as one of the most awaited movies of the year after his previous movies like Nannaku Prematho and Janta Garage. Jai Lava Kusa is also expected to generate the same kind of business. The actor, for the first time, would be portraying three characters on screen.
- He loves to drink watermelon juice.
- He sang few Telugu songs in his movies. He also sang a song “Geleya Geleya” in Kannada in the movie Chakravyuha.
- NTR Jr. is very choosy when it comes to selecting movies. There are many movies even with good stories which he rejected. Tarak rejected ‘Dil’, ‘Bhadra’, ‘Krishna’, ‘Srimanthudu’, ‘Kick’, ‘Athanokkade’, ‘Aarya’, all of which later turned out to be big hits in Tollywood. The latest addition to this list is ‘Oopiri’.
- One of the interesting facts about Jr. NTR is that his favorite number is 9. All his vehicles he has so far are registered with the number 9999. For his BMW 7 series car, he paid a whopping INR 10.5 lakh, which is the highest amount ever for a car number till date.
- He was one of the campaigners for the Telugu Desam Party, for the Indian general election, 2009.
- Jr. NTR has worked in 27 movies and has won two state Nandi awards, one IIFA award, four CineMAA Awards, one SIIMA award, two Filmfare Best Telugu Actor Award.
- In 2009 and 2014, Jr. NTR announced that he intended to donate 20 lakhs to Chief Minister’s Relief Fund to take up relief operations for Kurnool flood victims and for hudhud cyclone victims in Andhra Pradesh.
- Jr. NTR hosts the Telugu version of the Bigg Boss reality show that is broadcast on Star Maa channel.The first season of the show became popular and turned out to be a TRP magnet, eventually becoming the No.1 reality show in Telugu Television.
- What a coincidence!! His step-grandmother, step-mother, and wife have the same first name: “Lakshmi”.
Facts About Jr. NTR- Favorite Stuff:
Favorite Food: Prawn Biryani
Favorite Drink: Watermelon
Favorite color: White
Favorite Hero: Sr. NTR
Favorite Heroine: Sridevi
Favorite song: “Raalipoye Puvva” from 1993’s ‘Mathrudevobhava’ movie
Favorite Movie: Dana Veera Sura Karna
Favorite Destination: Dubai
Favorite Sports: Badminton and Cricket
Favorite Number: 9
Jr. NTR Lifestyle, Income, Cars, Biography, Family and Net Worth:
Name: Jr. NTR
Real Name: Nandamuri Taraka Rama Rao Jr.
Nickname: Jr. NTR, Tarak
Profession: Actor, Singer
Date of Birth: 20 May 1983
Age: 34 Years (As of 2017)
Birth Place: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
School: Vidyaranya High School, Hyderabad || St. Mary’s College, Hyderabad (Intermediate)
College: Vignan college, Vadlamudi, Guntur, Andhra Pradesh (Intermediate)
Qualification: Not Known
Height: in centimeters- 175 cm || in meters- 1.75 m || in feet inches- 5’9”
Weight: in Kilograms- 78 Kg || in Pounds- 172 lbs
Body Measurements: Chest: 43 Inches || Waist: 32 Inches || Biceps: 15 Inches
House: Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad
Eye Color: Black
Hair Color: Black
Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies: Dancing, Singing, Reading books
Career: Short Note:
Jr. NTR made his first on-screen appearance in 1991 as a child artist in the Telugu movie ” Brahmashri Vishwamitra” as Bharata. In 1996, he starred as a child artist in Ramayanam, which won the National Film Award for Best Children’s Film for that year. His debut as an adult was in 2000 with the movie Ninnu Choodalani. Later, he made his debut in the movie “Student No. 1”. Not only this, Jr. NTR hosts the Telugu version of Bigg Boss reality show that is broadcast on Star Maa Channel.
Jr. NTR’s Family:
Grandfather: N.T. Rama Rao, Actor and Former CM of Andhra Pradesh
Father: Nandamuri Harikrishna
Mother: Shalini Bhaskar Rao (Homemaker), Lakshmi (Step-mother)
Wife: Lakshmi Pranathi
Son: Nandamuri Abhay Ram
- Nandamuri Kalyan Ram (brother)
- Nandamuri Balakrishna (uncle)
- N. Chandrababu Naidu (uncle)
- Daggubati Purandeswari (aunt)
- Nara Lokesh (cousin)
- Nara Rohit (cousin)
- Taraka Ratna (cousin)
Cars Owned By Jr. NTR:
- Porsche Cayman
- Range Rover Vogue
- Audi Q7
- Skoda Superb
Net Worth & Salary of Jr. NTR:
He is presently charging Rs. 22 crore each movie.
His Net Worth is: $52 Million (Approx: 339.02 crore in Indian Rupee)
Recommended for you: