Mini Intro: Mahesh Babu aka Mahesh Ghattamaneni is an Indian film actor, philanthropist, producer and media peronality who was born on 9 August 1975 in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. He is basically famous for his work in Telugu cinema. He is the son of the superstar Krishna and Indira He is the fourth child of the 5 Children, succeeding Ramesh Babu, Padmavathi, and Manjula and preceding Priyadarshini. He owns the production house named G. Mahesh Babu Entertainment Pvt. Ltd. Scroll down to check the fascinating facts about Mahesh Babu.
Here are 54 Interesting and Lesser Known facts about Mahesh Babu which I bet you don’t know. Let’s get into the stuff and read each and every line of text with interest if you are a big fan of Mahesh Babu. The facts are arranged in any order and please leave a comment if you think differently and have something in mind which you want me to notice. Your comments are most welcome. Please do not forget to like our official Facebook page.
Interesting and Mind Blowing Facts About Mahesh Babu
- Does Mahesh Babu smoke? – No
- Does Mahesh Babu drink Alcohol?- Yes
- When you hear someone saying the Superstar of Tollywood or the Prince of Telugu cinema usually means referring to Mahesh Babu!
- Karthi was his schoolmate at St. Bede’s Anglo Indian Higher Secondary School when he was studying in Chennai.
- His first appearance in the world of cinema started at the age of four as a child artist in film Needa (1979).
- Besides carrying good looks and charms, he is also known for his philanthropic works while he never wishes to disclose them which makes him a “Social Man”.
- Do you guys know that remake of the majority of his films in Tamil has been done by actor Vijay?
- Gunashekar Okkadu’ gave Mahesh Babu his first blockbuster hit in the year 2003 which later became one highest grossing Telugu movie of that year like ‘Baahubali’. Okkadu was also remade in Bollywood, but it tanked miserably at the box office. Starring Arjun Kapoor in the lead, the movie was called ‘Tevar’.
- He married to Femina Miss India winner 1993, Namrata Shirodkar, who is elder than him by 3 years, in the year 2005 after dating for over 4 years. It is said that Mahesh Babu’s sister Manjula convinced their father seeking approval for Mahesh and Namrata’s marriage. They got married on 10th February 2005 at the Marriott Hotel in Mumbai.
- He is known as the Prince of Tollywood.
- After his movie Dookudu, which earned a gross of 1 Billion, Income tax officials raided his residence in Jubilee Hills. As it was rumored that he got a remuneration of over 1.2 Million.
- He has won seven state Nandi Awards, four Filmfare awards, three Cinemaa awards, two South Indian International movie awards and one International Indian Film Academy awards.
- Mahesh Babu’s dialogue diction is considered as unique due to the peppy punches carried in them and admired by many across the world.
- One of the interesting facts about Mahesh Babu is that, as Mahesh Babu born and brought up in Chennai, he never had an option to study Telugu Language. He can understand and talk Telugu fluently, but cannot read it. He listens to the dialogues from his directors and presents it in his movies.
- He was voted as the most desirable man in the Times Most Desirable Men 2013 online polls. He raced up to a top spot in 2013 beating the likes of Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan and Aamir Khan.
- He endorses several brands in South India and he was also the national brand ambassador for Thums Up, Provogue.
- Mahesh Babu is far the most handsome hero in the history of Telugu cinema and often addressed as Greek God of Tollywood.
- After the revenue loss of Athadu, Mahesh Babu took a break of 4 Months for growing his hair and paired up with Puri Jagannadh for Pokiri. Made with a Budget of 100 Million in 2006 and a shooting span of 6 months, the film went onto become the Highest Grossing Telugu Film of all time breaking all the records.
- A complaint was filed against the Prince of Tollywood with the State Human Rights Commission for endorsing ROYAL STAG (well-known whiskey brand in India).
- Mahesh was an above average student. He obtained a bachelor’s degree in commerce from Loyola College in Chennai. After graduating, he met with director L. Satyanand in Vishakhapatnam for further training in acting which went on for three to four months.
- Being unable to read and write Telugu, he used to memorize the dialogues given by his directors during the dubbing phase of his movies.
- His movie, Pokiri got international recognition and had been one of the highest grosser in Tollywood.
- His first leading role was in the film Rajakumarudu, released in the year 1999.
- Mahesh Babu Pokiri was another all-time industry hit for Telugu cinema industry. In fact, a remake of Pokiri as Wanted in Bollywood gave Salman Khan another innings of hits.
- The shooting of businessman was completed in just 70 days.
- His first blockbuster film was Okkadu which has been one of the biggest Telugu hits of the time.
- A good family man who knows how to maintain the work-life balance.
- Mahesh Babu used the same pair of shoes for the whole of the movie in Pokiri.
- After the release of his films records at the box office in the international markets continue to tumble which makes him the ‘Undisputed King of foreign Box-office’.
- Mahesh Babu prefers not to use stunt doubles for most shots. No matter how risky they are.
- He is very well known for treating his family wonderfully.Despite being busy in his profession, he equally spares enough time for the family delivering his maximum goodness to the people associated with him in every role as a father, husband, actor, brother and above all as a human.
- His level-headed and down to earth attitude makes him the real superstar of Tollywood Telugu film industry.
- Since education was always a priority in his family, he followed his father’s order and took a break of 9 years in the year 1990 following his father superstar Krishna’s order to complete his studies. Mahesh Babu acted in 9 movies before playing the lead roles as a hero in films. His movies as a child artist include Needa, Poratam, Shankharavam, Bazaar Rowdy, Mugguru Kodukulu, Gudachari 117, Koduku Diddina Kapuram, Bala Chandrudu, Anna Thammadu which also included a dual role in Koduku Diddina Kapuram.
- He made his debut as a lead actor with Raja Kumarudu (1999) and won the Nandi Award for Best Male Debut.
- Mahesh Babu is the second highest paid actor in South India after Rajnikanth.
- He dated his co-star Namratha during the film shoot of Vamshi in 2002.
- He agreed to give voiceover for Trivikram’s Jalsa and Srinu Vaitla’s Baadshah. He also agreed to sing a song in his own movie Businessman.
- In 2012 Mahesh Babu stood 31st Place in Forbes India ‘Celebrity List’, 15th Place with an Earnings of 422.5 million in terms of Property and 79th Place in terms of Fame across India.
- In 2013 he slipped to 54th Place with 289.6 million Property and 24th Rank and 84th Place in Fame.
- In 2014 he is at 30th Position Overall and 14th Rank in terms of Money with 510 Million and 84th Position in terms of Fame.
- Mahesh Babu is a perfect guy with perfect Body Mass Index (BDI) of 19.8 which falls under normal weight category.
- Mahesh Babu’s Facebook and Twitter ID is ‘urstrulyMahesh’.
- He is loaded with a good sense of humor with timely punches though it is off-screen or on-screen.
- Mahesh Babu never even listened to businessman story. He just believed in Puri & started the movie.
- Mahesh is an active humanitarian and philanthropist through his charitable trust and non-profit organization Heal-a-Child. He is also associated with Rainbow Hospitals as their goodwill ambassador.
- He joined Twitter in April 2010 and has 5.65 million followers as of 25 February 2018.
Facts About Mahesh Babu: Favorite Stuff:
Favorite Food: Biryani and Coffee
Favorite Actor: Krishna Ghattamaneni
Favorite Actress: Sridevi and Trisha
Favorite Director: Mani Ratnam
Mahesh Babu Lifestyle, Income, Cars, Biography, Family and Net Worth:
Name: Mahesh Babu
Real Name: Mahesh Ghattamaneni
Nickname: Naani, Prince, and Navataram Superstar
Profession: Actor and Producer
Date of Birth: 9 August 1975
Age: 42 Years (As of 2017)
Birth Place: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
School: St. Bede’s Anglo Indian Higher Secondary School, Chennai
College: Loyola College, Chennai
Qualification: Bachelor of Commerce
Height: in centimeters- 188 cm || in meters- 1.88m || in Feet-Inches – 6’2”
Weight: in Kilograms- 70 Kg || in pounds-154 lbs
Body Measurements: Chest- 40 Inches || Waist- 34 Inches || Biceps- 14 Inches
House: Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad, India
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Black
Zodiac Sign/ Sun Sign: Leo
Hobbies: Reading, Jogging, Playing video games
Career: Short Note:
Mahesh Babu started acting as a child artist at the age of 4 in his father’s film Needa. He went on to act as a child artist in the movies Shankaravam (1987), Bazaar Rowdy (1988), Mugguru Kodukulu (1988) and Gudachari 117 (1989). In 1999, he made his debut as a lead actor with the movie Raja Kumarudu. He did his debut lead role movie Raja Kumarudu opposite Bollywood actress Preity Zinta. He owns a film production company called G. Mahesh Babu Entertainment Pvt. Ltd.
Mahesh Babu’s Family:
Mother: Indira Devi
Step Mother: Vijaya Nirmala
Sister: Manjula, Padmavathi, Priyadarshini
Brothers: Ramesh Babu, Naresh
Wife: Namrata Shirodkar
Son: Gautham Ghattamaneni
Daughter: Sitara Ghattamaneni
Cars Owned By Mahesh Babu:
- Range Rover Vogue
- Toyota Land Cruiser
- Mercedes Benz
Net Worth & Salary of Mahesh Babu:
He is presently charging Rs. 20 crore each movie.
His Net Worth is: $20 Million (Approx: 129.4 crore in Indian Rupee)
Recommended for you: